Conflicts Analyst / Lawyer
Salary £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-30 2019-07-29 legal London London GB GBP 40000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a Global Law Firm is currently looking for a Conflicts Lawyer. To analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues for mandates already undertaken by the Firm, or to be undertaken by the Firm. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, legally minded individual who is keen to develop their conflicts experience further.
- Assist in conducting conflicts checks and analysing the results within the firms’ case management systems.
- Conducting wider research on the corporate history of clients via external sources.
- Identifying conflicts issues and finding reasoned practical solutions where possible.
- Liaising with fee earners to discuss conflict issues, especially commercial conflicts issues, which will often involve liaising with separate partners to reach an agreement between them both.
- Assisting senior analysts with commercial conflicts packs.
- Maintain the conflicts database and make sure it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensuring they are meeting their own KPIs as well as the team and firms KPIs.
- Ensure that the conflicts inbox is managed and work sent out to the correct people.
- General Administrative skills, such as proofreading and updating excel spreadsheets.
- Participating in conflicts and risk and risk and compliance meetings.
- Promoting good practice within the wider business.
- Develop a sound understanding of conflicts legislation and case law.
- Assist in the implementation of internal processes for conflicts and promote best practice.
- Lawyer in good standing with relevant regulatory body or bar association with a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Relevant experience preferably acquired in an international law firm, although other professional services or financial services firms will be considered.
- Prior experience analyzing and resolving conflicts of interest and managing confidential information issues.
- Having an appreciation for industry standard conflicts applications, e.g. Open, Elite, Aderant.
- Ability to analyze medium to high difficulty legal issues, producing accurate and reasoned opinions on a range of regulatory issues.
- Able to critically review, update and amend firm policies and procedures in plain English.
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Conflicts Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on email@example.com to find out more.