Conflicts & AML Analyst - Global Law Firm
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-30 2019-07-29 legal London London GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new and exciting Conflicts & AML Analyst opportunity has just become available with a well-known Multinational Law Firm. To act as the first point of call for conflicts of interest and anti-money laundering enquiries for new clients and matters; undertake research and analysis and clear where appropriate and escalate where complex
- Analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues for mandates already undertaken by the Firm, or to be undertaken by the Firm.
- Reviewing new client and matter requests submitted via the firm’s NBI system, raising queries as necessary and performing conflict searches and analysing results to identify conflicts in accordance with firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Assessing whether material changes to existing mandates create any conflict or other compliance issues for the firm.
- Reviewing existing compliance policy and guidance.
- Ensuring policy and guidance is up to date, in line with global requirements and adheres to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Advising the practice on ad-hoc regulatory and risk issues and application of policy.
- Assisting in relation to the firm’s professional indemnity and general insurances.
- General support and advice to the Firm’s Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers as and when required.
- Analysing information contained in the Firm's conflict management systems.
- Liaising with both partners and lawyers to establish whether a conflict of interest exists, or is likely to in future, often in the context of a range of related matters, many of which are highly complex transactions.
- Educated to degree level (Law degree preferred).
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical, practical way and provide solutions to client issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high standard of written and oral communication
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technology
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and the ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
If you are career focused and want to take the next step, this Conflicts & AML role is for you.
Apply today or email me on email@example.com to find out more.