Salary £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-06-15 legal London London GB GBP 30000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
To support the Conflicts & Compliance Manager in ensuring effective compliance controls and procedures are in place particularly those involving the avoidance of conflicts of interest and protection of confidential information, and to ensure compliance with applicable legislative requirements and management of risk. A Conflicts Analyst should aim to become proficient with the following core compliance processes: * Conflict of Interest Checking Process * Information Barrier and Document Security Processes * Client Care and Engagement Terms * Matter management, including matter opening and assessing compliance with the Solicitors' Code of Conduct
- Assist in conducting conflicts checks and analysing the results within the firms’ case management systems.
- Conducting wider research on the corporate history of clients via external sources.
- Identifying conflicts issues and finding reasoned practical solutions where possible.
- Liaising with fee earners to discuss conflict issues, especially commercial conflicts issues, which will often involve liaising with separate partners to reach an agreement between them both.
- Assisting senior analysts with commercial conflicts packs.
- Maintain the conflicts database and make sure it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensuring they are meeting their own KPIs as well as the team and firms KPIs.
- Ensure that the conflicts inbox is managed and work sent out to the correct people.
- General Administrative skills, such as proofreading and updating excel spreadsheets.
- Bimonthly travel to other offices in the UK for team meetings.
- Participating is conflicts and risk and risk and compliance meetings.
- Promoting good practice within the wider business.
- Assist with low to medium CDD, client care and sanctions issues
- Develop a sound understanding of conflicts legislation and case law.
- Assist in the implementation of internal processes for conflicts and promote best practice.
A Law Degree or legal qualification
A strong interest in developing a career in Risk and Compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 of the Solicitors Code of Conduct and an ability to apply them in practice is desirable and in particular understand Chapters 3 and 4 in more detail.
- An understanding of Elite and any conflict checking systems is desirable.
- Able to analyse low to medium difficulty legal issues, producing accurate and reasoned opinions on a range of regulatory issues.
Strong communication skills.
Excellent analytical and research skills.
Good commercial awareness.
Good Microsoft Office Skills.
Attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Mandarin – both written and oral, advantageous
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Conflicts Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.