Professional Indemnity Paralegal/Legal Executive
Consultant Laura Gripton
Date posted 05 March 2019 2019-03-052019-05-04 legal Birmingham West Midlands GB B1 2LP GBP 28000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Highly regarded in the West Midlands market, this international firm in Birmingham are looking to hire an experienced Professional Indemnity Paralegal/Legal Executive to help grow their large in-house General Counsel team.
About the role:
As a Professional Indemnity Paralegal/Legal Executive, your role will be diverse and will include advising on the following non-contentious matters:
• Liaising with Insurers, brokers, Finance, internal lawyers and external lawyers and Claimants/their solicitors in relation to claims
• Assisting with the handling of claims and notifications, including obtaining and providing regular updates to insurers
• Managing the claims handling database, including creating new notifications and updating reserves and payments made information
• Assisting with training to fee earners on the causes of claims and how to avoid them
• Assisting with the renewal of the firm's PI Insurance cover
• Analysis of claim trends
• Compiling monthly reports for the Practice Group Leaders on notifications
• Compiling notifications summaries for Partners' PDRs
You will be either a Paralegal or Legal Executive with at least 3 years experience in any of the above matters gained either in private practice or in an in-house role. As the ideal candidate, you will be approachable and be confident at handling a range of issues. You will be a self-motivator who has a passion for the world of professional indemnity.
The hiring firm is a full service commercial practice that is forging a vibrant presence in the Birmingham market. This firm encourages career progression through continual learning and development programme and excellent salary and benefits will be rewarded, dependent on experience.
For further information on this or other similar roles please contact Laura Gripton at Robert Walters on 0121 260 2512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org