Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-15 legal London London GB GBP 25000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Compliance Officer A new and exciting Compliance Officer opportunity has just become available with a well-known Silver Circle Law Firm. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a Legal Risk & Compliance professional looking for a new challenge.
- Responsible for day to day tasks relating to all aspects of Client and Matter Inception process
- Assisting the Business Acceptance Team in answering various ad hoc queries that come into the Team's inbox
- Undertaking client due diligence checks, and determining the nature and level of due diligence required in order to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Using databases, external and internal and conducting research as part of this due diligence
- Assessing the risk profile of new and existing clients and matters and escalating issues appropriately
- Providing advice to fee earners and secretaries on Anti-Money Laundering, general inception, and conflicts queries.
- Carry out conflict searches and be able to identify, and escalate appropriately, any conflict issues arising out of searches undertaken or reviewed
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate information barriers are created, amended and maintained, whilst ensuring that any issues arising out of the information barrier process are flagged to supervisor and business as required.
- Carrying out inductions for new secretaries who join the firm as appropriate
- Involvement in team projects and projects to support the Practice Groups and international offices
- Educated to degree level.
- Experienced in compliance, ideally gained a law firm
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical, practical way and provide solutions to client issues
- Experience in Anti-Money laundering and/ or Conflicts, preferably in an international law firm, would be ideal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high standard of written and oral communication
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technology
- Knowledge of applicable anti-money laundering regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and the ability to work under pressure.
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Compliance Officer role is for you.
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.