Salary £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 30 October 2018 2018-10-302018-12-29 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This Compliance Officer role will be in the firms New Client Registration Desk, it is the system for onboarding & registering new clients and matter, including conflict checks, AML & sanction compliance.
As the Compliance Officer based in London you will be responsible for the following:
- Registering new clients and matters, including handling Conflicts, AML and Sanctions compliance
- Escalating high risk issues to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Carrying out conflict searches for partner review
- Advise personal assistants, fee earners and partners on best practice in relation to client matter opening procedures.
- Undertake ongoing AML/Sanctions monitoring of high risk clients.
- Handle administrative queries linked to the client and matter opening process.
- Provide training on firm’s relevant policies and procedures to new joiners.
- LLB, LLM or GDL, or in lieu significant experience in relevant work areas.
- Experience of working within Risk & Compliance function in a law firm or other international professional services or financial services organisation.
- Experience of identifying and dealing with issues relating to sanctions, high risk matters and complex ownership structures.
- Experience of conflicts analysis and clearance an advantage.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Methodical approach and the ability to analyse.
- Sensitivity to people in other countries with different social and professional cultures and expectations.