Data Protection Manager
Salary £40,000 - £47,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 04 October 2018 2018-10-042018-12-03 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A rare In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading organisation based in the West Midlands. This financial services business is looking for a Data Protection Manager with Data Protection experience to join a small legal team.
About the Data Protection Manager role:
As an integral part of the In-House team you will provide support on a wide variety of data issues. You will advise the business on the best way to comply with privacy and data requirements and deliver a high quality compliance mentoring programme within the business.
- Delivering training and providing advice on GDPR to stakeholders with a focus on the compliance if GDPR rules.
- Reviewing policies and processes and redrafting if necessary to ensure GDPR compliance.
- Ensure compliance to FCA rules.
- Investigating and assisting the Data Protection Officer with data breaches.
- Providing appropriate and timely responses to DSARs, FOI and disclosure requests.
- Undertake Data Protection Compliance Monitoring.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and controls, periodically test and report on the effectiveness of them.
- Oversee Data Protection Complaints Handling.
About the Data Protection Manger role
- UK qualified solicitor or legal executive with Data Protection experience.
- Ideally have considerable knowledge of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act, RIPA and other related legislation and the practical application of this.
- Be a team player and have strong communication skills in order to manage a range of internal stakeholder relationships.
- Records management experience, as well as prior knowledge of working within a legal compliance environment would be advantageous.
- The client is offering a competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package. They may also consider flexible working for the right candidate.
For further information about this Data Protection Manager please contact Nisha Jassi for a confidential discussion on Nisha.email@example.com or 0121 260 2562