Salary £23,000 - £28,000 per annum
Consultant Viviane Joor
Date posted 02 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Conflicts Analyst A new and exciting Conflicts Analyst opportunity has just become available with a leading International Law Firm in Bristol. To provide and manage the business acceptance of all new clients and matters which involves providing a conflict checking service to the whole firm, screening new business for sanctions, compliance with anti-money laundering requirements, and communicating with the partnership. To ensure that new client documentation meets compliance requirements.
- Shared responsibility for providing the conflict checking service to the firm world-wide
- Assist in conducting conflicts checks and analysing the results within the firms’ case management systems.
- Handle conflict checks requests to an agreed standard using Microsoft Dynamics AX, and other databases as required
- Identifying conflicts issues and finding reasoned practical solutions where possible.
- Assist in maintenance of conflicts database
- Assisting senior analysts with commercial conflicts packs.
- Maintain the conflicts database and make sure it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensuring they are meeting their own KPIs as well as the team and firms KPIs.
- Maintain related documentation
- Use IT skills to search external commercial databases
- Ensure that conflict check matters are accurately finalised
- Maintain Global Address Book party index on the conflicts database
- Perform anti-terrorist and sanctions checks for each new client
- Maintain regular checking processes for incomplete forms
- Undertake basic data quality checks for new clients: industry sectors, client names, duplicates
- A Law Degree or legal qualification - Newly qualified LLB graduates are welcomed that are keen to develop a career in Risk & Compliance
- GCSE in English Language and Mathematics and a science
- Ability to develop knowledge, in legal processes and terminology, business resources
- Attain familiarity with client base
- Business research skills
- A basic understanding of money laundering and KYC regulation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and InterAction and workflow desirable
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Good Microsoft Office Skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Conflicts Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.