Salary £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
Consultant Vicky Yates
Date posted 01 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Legal Auditor for a professional services company based in Manchester city centre. The role as a Legal Auditor will be to conduct independent firm wide audits in line with agreed audit programmes.
The key responsibilities for a Legal Auditor are:
- Undertaking audits and reviews to monitor and report upon compliance to internal procedures, regulatory and best practice standards. Providing administrative support to a team of consultants
- To support the team in the completion of the firm wide annual programme of internal audits
- To work with the Audit Manager and Lead Auditor to design and undertake business process related audits in accordance with the audit programme.
- To provide an independent appraisal of the effectiveness and compliance with certifications, procedures, SLA’s and where appropriate regulatory requirements.
- To conduct firm wide audits in accordance with the audit programme. To provide an independent appraisal of the effectiveness and compliance with procedures, SLA’s and regulatory requirements.
- Dependent on the area being audited this could involve file reviews against regulatory internal and Client standards, and interviewing a sample number of the team being audited, or/and it may involve reviewing processes or systems.
- To provide written reports detailing the findings and trends at specific audit level
- To present the audit findings and agree actions with the relevant department head.
- To raise corrective actions where necessary, based on the audit findings and identification of timescales for action to be taken.
- To monitor implementation of actions, to chase and escalate where necessary and according to timescales.
- To make recommendations on the findings of the audits, to brief necessary stakeholders and where necessary work with teams to facilitate improvement activities and identify timescales for implementation.
- To identify areas for improvement and to make recommendations on improvements to policies, procedures and systems as best practice is identified.
- To feed into the Audit Manager's regular review of the internal audit process.
- To undertake additional activities or projects to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
As a Legal Auditor the ideal skills and experience will include:
- Experience of conducting independent internal audits across a range of procedures, processes, regulatory standards and quality management systems in an objective manner.
- Previous experience of working within a legal or otherwise regulated environment and good working knowledge of the Law and/or insurance industry and associated processes or procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record in building successful relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to present audit findings/areas for improvement to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to self-motivate and work on own initiative as well as being an excellent team player with a positive and "can-do" attitude
- Well organised with a smart and professional approach the ability to prioritise, multi-task and effectively manage own time
- Strong PC skills with an organised approach to document storage.
- Uses initiative and creativity in problem solving.
- Excellent accuracy skills with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- We would typically expect around 3 years' experience in a similar role and ideally prior experience of or awareness of International standards with a minimum of either ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 27001.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who is looking to work for an award winning global firm. This is a permanent position with the opportunity to progress as the office grows.
Please contact Victoria Yates to discuss this opportunity in more detail – victoria.yates @robertwalters.com or call 0161 214 7430.