Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Viviane Joor
Date posted 30 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Compliance Analyst A new and exciting Compliance Analyst opportunity has just become available with a well-known US Law Firm. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a Compliance Analyst looking for a new challenge.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm’s anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the day to-day assessment of new and existing clients of the firm
- Client Due Diligence (CDD) process, client care and sanctions issues with minimal supervision
- Proactively monitor status of anti-money laundering checks and assist the team to ensure all checks are completed in good time.
- Monitor expiry dates for client identification, create alerts and obtain new information when required.
- Assist in managing the firm’s gifts & hospitality register and assist with sanctions checks.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm’s conflicts policy;
- Assist the team in carrying out conflicts checks, reviewing activity reports and managing screening processes.
- Liaise with the Conflicts Team in the US to assist the team in completing conflicts clearances.
- Liaising with partners and lawyers throughout the Firm where appropriate.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of insider lists.
- Assist with the drafting of engagement letters and updating register of client engagement terms.
- General day-to-day support to the team.
- Manage calendars, training schedules and arrange meetings for the team.
- Provide general support to the Head of Compliance and Senior Compliance Lawyer.
- Assist with document production including word and power-point.
- Work with IT department to maintain existing compliance systems and develop improvements.
- Assist with the execution of projects across the team.
- Educated to degree level.
- Experienced in compliance, ideally gained a law firm
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical, practical way and provide solutions to client issues
- Knowledge of the SRA Rules and anti-money laundering legislation – helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high standard of written and oral communication
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technology
- Knowledge of applicable anti-money laundering regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and the ability to work under pressure.
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Compliance Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on email@example.com to find out more.