Risk & Compliance Analyst
Salary £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Viviane Joor
Date posted 30 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Risk & Compliance Analyst A new and exciting Risk & Compliance Analyst opportunity has just become available with a well-known US Law Firm. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a Risk & Compliance Analyst looking for a new challenge.
- Responsible for the day to-day assessment of new and existing clients of the firm
- Assessing the risk profile of new and existing clients.
- Client Due Diligence (CDD) process, client care and sanctions issues with minimal supervision
- Assessing the overall suitability of a client for the firm, having regard to regulatory, reputational and commercial considerations. Monitoring existing clients and updating relevant details.
- Liaising with partners and lawyers throughout the Firm where appropriate.
- High risk client, PEP and Business Acceptance Committee Processes
- Client Care and Engagement Terms
- Sanctions monitoring and advisory processes, assists with the firm's internal audit processes
- Anti-bribery procedures
- Compliance auditing and non-compliance reporting
- Reviews and risk assesses all new matters, including advising on matter and billing structure, engagement terms and inter-office working arrangements
- Advising the firm on its AML, ABC and professional ethical compliance obligations and standards
- Reviews and updates internal compliance policies and procedures
- Dealing with ad hoc questions/queries from Partners and lawyers relating to conflicts of interest and other engagement risk issues.
- Assessing whether material changes to existing mandates create any conflict or other compliance issues for the firm.
- Liaising with both partners and lawyers to establish whether a conflict of interest exists, or is likely to in future, often in the context of a range of related matters, many of which are highly complex transactions.
- Educated to degree level (Law degree preferred).
- Experienced in compliance, ideally gained in a leading international law practice.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical, practical way and provide solutions to client issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high standard of written and oral communication
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technology
- Knowledge of applicable anti-money laundering regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and the ability to work under pressure.
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Risk & Compliance Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.