Legal Counsel - Data Protection
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 13 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A rare In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading organisation based in the East Midlands. This household name is a retail brand looking for Legal Counsel with Data Protection experience to join a large legal team. This role offers excellent career progression and opportunities.
About the Legal Counsel Data role:
As an integral part of the In-House team you will provide support on a wide variety of data issues. You will advise the business on the best way to comply with privacy and data requirements.
- Delivering training and providing advice on GDPR to stakeholders.
- Reviewing policies and processes and redrafting if necessary to ensure GDPR compliance.
- Investigating and assisting the Data Protection Officer with data breaches.
- Providing appropriate and timely responses to DSARs, FOI and disclosure requests.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending contracts, privacy notices and consents.
About the Legal Counsel – Data Protection
- Ideally have considerable knowledge of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act, RIPA and other related legislation.
- Be a team player and have strong communication skills in order to manage a range of internal stakeholder relationships.
- Records management experience, as well as prior knowledge of working within a legal compliance environment would be advantageous.
- The client is offering a competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package. They may also consider flexible working for the right candidate.
For further information about this Legal Counsel Role please contact Nisha Jassi for a confidential discussion on Nisha.email@example.com or 0121 260 2562