Legal Risk and Compliance Manager
Salary £45000 - £51000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 09 November 2016
An excellent opportunity is available with an established national law firm based in Nottingham for a Legal Risk and Compliance Manager. Reporting directly to the head of risk and compliance, you will identify and manage the firms regulatory compliance and professional risk.
About the Legal Risk and Compliance Manager role:
In this business critical role, you will focus on evaluating the firms compliance with the SRA handbook, other relevant rules and legislation, and work to build risk awareness in the firm.
- Serve as a point of contact for clarification on issues of compliance
- Conduct internal investigations of compliance issues
- Perform annual risk assessment on key areas, maintaining documentation of compliance activities and be involved with the development of the compliance plan
- Monitoring and considering the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps
- Develop an effective compliance training program
The Legal Risk and Compliance Manager will have a legal background, ideally be a qualified solicitor or have equivalent legal qualification, and will be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in a legal practice environment. It is essential you have experience of managing risk and compliance processes, a detailed knowledge of the SRA and the regulatory framework and associated rules and legislation.
This is an excellent opportunity in the Nottingham area.
If this role is of interest, please apply now, or for further details contact Kayte Short at Kayte.firstname.lastname@example.org.