Deputy Company Secretary
Consultant Henry Rymer
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-09-29 insurance London London GB GBP 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As the Deputy Company Secretary, you will manage and provide secretariat and governance services to the committees, Council, Franchise Board, the executive, and the company subsidiaries. You will report to the Head of Secretariat and Governance and be the second position within the team. You will provide legal and governance advice, and company secretariat services to the firm's governing committees.
The Deputy Company Secretary role will be covering a broad range of responsibilities within the global insurance firm in London.
- Support and provide expertise on corporate law and governance.
- Ensure that all meetings schedule within the insurance firm based in London and elsewhere are arranged in accordance with the constitutional rules, best practice and any other applicable law or regulation.
- To assist the secretary and head of secretariat and governance as required ensuring that appropriate company secretary support is provided to the Chairman, CEO, Deputy Chairmen, ExCo, and governing committees.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with governing committees, the executive, and key internal stakeholders including managers who provide reports to the insurance firms governing committees.
- Prepare and maintain procedural guides and precedents to support the application of best practice in the delivery of the function's company secretary and governance responsibilities.
The right Deputy Company Secretary will be expected to show leadership skills when contributing to an open and transparent culture of risk management. They will need to demonstrate a strong awareness of the risks that should be managed within the responsibilities of the role.
The insurance firm will need someone who is ideally a qualified lawyer with a solid understanding of corporate governance. They will need to have a solid understanding of the insurance market. Experience advising senior management at board level on issues relating to corporate law is required.
If you are looking to progress your career, or you simply want to work with one of the best insurance firms globally, this role is for you. To register your interest, please apply today or contact email@example.com