Business Governance Manager
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Henry Rymer
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 legal London London GB GBP 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The global legal law firm requires a Business Governance Manger to work with the executive team alongside the MD and CEO. The right candidate will need to provide support in all asepcts of business management and governance.
Key responsibilities of the Business Governance Manager include -
Governance cycle including Board and ELT in London
- proactively manage the administration of the UK&ME Regional Board and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) governance cycle, including key committees lead by Executive Office.
- manage all committee outstanding actions and follow up on closure.
- hold Executive Office, Divisional Leaders and Directors to their commitments.
- manage the governance around Board and ELT submissions and implement a programme to improve the quality of information and submissions underpinning Board and ELT decision making.
- draft Board Advisor/COO/CPO submissions for main committees.
- analyse (non Board Advisor/COO/CPO) papers and provide Board Advisor with summaries of key points and issues, and proposed actions where required.
- act on behalf of the Board Advisor in resolving governance issues as they arise, or reverting to Board Advisor or her team where required.
- prepare analysis into confidential strategic opportunities (M&A activity and major investment business cases) and make recommendations to COO/ ELT as appropriate.
- support any external research to identify opportunities / trends in our markets/ benchmarks across the Law industry.
- support strategy development cycle.
- support the partner remuneration process, playing a key role in collecting and analysing information and presenting it in a clear, digestible way.
- coordinate with HR on the partner performance review cycle to ensure appropriate output is generated to support the partner remuneration review.
- working with Internal Communications, support regional internal communications with the management of the internal communications plan.
- design and produce stakeholder presentations to advanced standard (for townhalls, partner meetings, other ad-hoc requests from CEO/MD/COO/CPO/Board Advisor), co-ordinating input as required.
- co-ordinate business planning process for UKME on behalf of CoS.
- manage governance around regular submissions to Executive Office.
- provide insights/analysis to support constructive resolution of issues.
- co-ordinate or complete responses to ad-hoc requests.
- support and contribute to a framework for storage and retrieval of key electronic reference documents for the Executive Office and management of Executive Office contributions to the regional portal (intranet).
- ability to influence at a high level.
- customer and commercial orientation.
- excellent communicator – verbal and written.
- team player – plays in position.
- ability to handle ambiguity in a matrix structure.
- can quickly build credibility with senior colleagues.
- culturally sensitive and aware.
- business and financial analysis (advanced Excel and Powerpoint user).
- confidence to pick up skills with other technology, such as Prezi, to drive improvement in own area of responsibility.