COMPANY SECRETARY (INVESTMENT TRUSTS)
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 28 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is one of the largest managers of London listed investment trust companies with a number onshore investment trust companies and 1 Jersey domiciled investment company. This sits within a team dedicated to the management of its investment trust business including PR, sales and marketing as well as company secretarial, accounting oversight and administration. Overview of the Role This role is likely to suit someone who is a qualified Company Secretary with a long-term wish to build a career in a professional plc environment and wants to have personal responsibility for complying with the London listing requirements and who wants direct day to day contact with the non-executive directors. Good technical, administrative and organisational skills are required and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and good inter-personal skills and reasonable numeracy. The role requires good oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal confidently and efficiently with client board directors both inside and outside of board meetings. The individual must be sensitive to the individual requirements of their two client boards and be prepared to be a good team player working with colleagues to deliver the most professional service for all client boards.
Duties and Responsibilities
To act as the appointed Company Secretary to nominated investment trust companies, duties include but are not limited to:-
- attending board and board committee meetings, taking minutes, producing an action note and implementing decisions as appropriate
- coordinating the production of the annual report and half-yearly updates to shareholders
- liaising with the investment, sales, marketing, and accounting departments in order to ensure board reports are produced in a timely fashion to be included in the board pack
- liaising with and monitoring the services provided by the Registrar and working with the Operations team to monitor the service of the Depositary/Custodian to the investment trusts
- drafting and approving stock exchange announcements
- reviewing and monitoring of the website to ensure that the investment trust information provided is correct and up to date.
- Keeping the departmental forward work schedule up to date in regard to the nominated investment trust companies
If you would like to apply to this role, please call me on 02075098421 or e- firstname.lastname@example.org