COMPANY SECRETARY ASSISTANT (FTSE 100)
Salary £31,000 - £50,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 21 August 2018 2018-08-212018-10-20 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
* Recently or near-qualified Chartered Secretary with good core company secretarial technical knowledge and experience of working in a corporate secretariat, preferably within Financial Services or a large corporation / Professional Services Firm. * Good working knowledge of Blueprint OneWorld. * Good interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and between different cultures * Strong IT skills
As a member of Group Corporate Secretariat’s UK central team, to provide high quality company secretarial advice and support ensuring compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory requirements and internal policies. The role includes a broad range of UK and international regulatory/statutory compliance activities and tasks such as preparation and review of minutes and papers, meeting logistics, regulatory/statutory filings, annual reports, stock exchange announcements and maintenance of company information on Blueprint OneWorld.
- Portfolio management of certain UK/Dutch subsidiary companies, including liquidations, covering a wide range of regulatory/statutory compliance matters including UK Companies Act and international requirements. This would include preparation and review of minutes, meeting logistics, statutory filings, annual accounts and maintenance of company information on Blueprint OneWorld.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the UK subsidiary accounts process, including the effective coordination of GCS's responsibilities in connection with the accounts, including ensuring that the accounts are checked in accordance with the accounts checklist, timely approval.
- To provide high quality advice on GCS policies and a wide range of regulatory/statutory compliance requirements (including UK Companies Act and international requirements).
- To support the Group Company Secretary (as Policy Owner) on all aspects of policy ownership in regards to the Power of Attorney policy. This includes providing high quality advice and support on policy matters, including format and content of power of attorneys, the management of dispensations, and overseeing the assurance process for the policy. As set out in the Policy Governance Standards, policy ownership includes the reviewing of any changes to regulatory, internal and external environments and their impact on policies, defining policy requirements, setting policy and control standards and ensuring that adequate procedures are defined and maintained by responsible functions to support implementation of the policy.
- Lead and/or provide support on various departmental/regulatory tasks and projects including regulatory filings in Korea, secretariat intranet pages, responding to regulatory consultations and statutory changes.
- Proactive support to the Head of Advisory in acting as an expert adviser on the Group’s Sources of Authority Framework, including providing advice on appropriate delegated authorities and facilitating relevant board approvals.
- To assist the Head of Business Support with the development, management and oversight of Blueprint, including compliance with relevant policies, the implementation and monitoring of appropriate controls and risk assessments, working with other functions to identify and develop enhancements to ensure that Blueprint meets the Group’s ever increasing regulatory reporting requirements on Group corporate structure information.
- Ensuring that GCS keeps pace with developing and emerging best practice, new legislation, regulatory and corporate governance developments, including preparation and drafting reports and papers on relevant matters, holding masterclasses for secretariat colleagues.
- To undertake general company secretarial matters, including corporate representatives as and when they occur.
If you would like to apply for the above role, please get in touch on 02075098421 or firstname.lastname@example.org