ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY (INV MANAGEMENT)
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 01 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
Professional knowledge and qualifications: * A fully qualified member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators with at least two years post qualification experience. * Understands directors’ role and responsibilities and organisation structures. * Understands the key responsibilities and interaction of each of the business areas. * Sound experience of attending and minuting Board and Committee meetings. Regulatory/Legislation: * Good knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 and UK Corporate Governance Code. * Some relevant regulatory knowledge, particularly with regards to the Financial Services Industry and its impact on the secretarial function. Personal Characteristics * A good understanding of the Financial Services Industry and/or Investment Management. * Ability to build and develop relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers. * Solid written and verbal communication at all levels (well-structured correspondence, reports and presentations). * Ability to build and develop relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers. * Good attention to detail and able to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality when needed. * Able to take ideas/solutions forward efficiently or to persuade others to do so. * Initiates programmes, projects and tasks to improve the provision of company secretarial services. * Team player; contributes ideas and actively makes suggestions for improvements to the teams processes.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Board, its subsidiary boards, partnerships and committees so as to ensure compliance to at least the standard required by relevant legislation and ensure that Board procedures, guidelines and "best practice" are followed. Ensure adherence to the Group Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Act as Company Secretary of a broad range of companies and committees within the Group as required. Provide support to the Head of Secretariat and Legal team in overseeing the performance of the outsourced company secretarial providers.
- Produce and distribute accurate Minutes of meetings in a timely manner and ensure that any follow-up points are known and actioned by the appropriate business area.
- Support the Head of Secretariat in delivering the annual timetable of work including: Board Evaluations, annual Insurance renewals, annual Conflicts of Interest reviews, subsidiary accounts process.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Directors, Non-Executive Directors and senior management team on all key corporate and governance matters.
- Supporting on ad-hoc project work and governance developments including those actions arising from MiFID II and the Asset Management Study.
- Issue departmental and business-wide procedures and controls that reflect best practice and/or mitigate business risks and improve/revise as necessary.
- Responsible for maintenance and integrity of all statutory records and ensuring that all statutory and regulatory returns are filed with Companies House, Information Commissioner in accordance with legal obligations.
- Supervise the integrity of the group structure and ensuring that all company acquisitions, formations, disposals, liquidations etc are carried out in accordance with Group procedures and without exposing the group to unacceptable risk.
If you would like to apply for this job, please call me on 02075098421 or email@example.com