ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY (FTSE 100)
Salary £55,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 29 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications * Qualified company secretary with experience of high quality, large and complex organisations. * Financial services and listed experience is desirable (given its inherent complexity) but is not essential. * Technical precision and attention to detail. * Ability to form and develop professional relationships with stakeholders is essential. * Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple demands in a challenging and changing environment * Collaboration and the ability to work as part of a broader team. * Ensuring a coordinated and consistent approach within the function. * Contribute towards a high performance culture with a values driven mentality * Good communication skills.
- Provide support in the provision of a wide range of company secretarial services the Group’s UK companies and Global business line committees (which includes listed, non-listed and regulated companies).
- Assist the Head of Group Secretariat and Assistant Company Secretaries in supporting the Boards of Directors and applying the corporate governance frameworks
- Assist and support meetings, including preparing agendas, drafting company secretarial papers, monitoring actions, circulating papers and, where appropriate, attending and minuting meetings.
- Act as Secretary and maintain statutory registers, submit statutory filings within the UK, and to be responsible for ensuring all statutory compliance requirements are met for a small portfolio of subsidiary companies.
- Provide support for statutory and regulatory compliance requirements for other Group subsidiary companies.
- Advise and support their portfolio Boards of Directors, on all corporate governance matters.
- Assist with other listed company governance activity under the team’s remit as and when required (which includes, dependent on the team, matters such as the Group dividend, the AGM, Annual Report and Accounts preparation, governance conferences, and shareholder services).
- Provide support in the implementation of corporate actions that may occur from time to time such as acquisitions; disposals; formations and liquidations of companies; restructuring of Group companies and investments (including overseas interests); injection of share capital and loan capital; and payment of dividends.
- Monitor, understand and act upon changes in legislation and regulation within the UK within the function’s areas of responsibility.
- Maintain high standards of record keeping and assist with responding to legal, regulatory, accounting and other external information requests.
- Work closely with the company secretarial professionals in the function’s shared Global Service Centre.
- Maintain and develop positive professional relationships with colleagues in other departments such as Finance, Legal, Compliance and those within the businesses being supported.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with other external advisers/suppliers within the UK.
- Contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the UK team by ensuring that effective Company Secretarial support and advice is provided to all Group companies through an appropriate and consistent corporate governance framework.
If you would like to apply to this role or discuss it further, please call me on 02075098421 or e- firstname.lastname@example.org