SENIOR ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY (FTSE 100)
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 26 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED You will have proven experience of dealing with directors and senior stakeholders and of building strong working relationships cross-functionally in a listed company environment. Attention to detail and the ability to work well as a team player will be key strengths. You will have strong commercial awareness and be able to think creatively to proactively offer ideas and solutions to support the evolving needs of the wider business. In addition, you must be: * Be a qualified lawyer or chartered secretary (ICSA) – good knowledge of company law and governance requirements is essential; * Have strong technical and analytical skills with ability to think broadly on a range of issues and apply sound judgement in problem solving; * Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to deliver complex messages in a simple and creative way; * Have strong project management, planning and organisational skills and able to work well under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines; * Have the ability to liaise with senior managers and Directors and proactively influence where appropriate; * Be able to lead and adapt well to change in a fast-changing retail environment; and, * Have a tenacious and persistent approach with a focus on developing yourself and other members of the team.
As a Senior Assistant Company Secretary in the team, you will have responsibility for a variety of matters across the areas below. A periodic rotation of responsibilities is anticipated to ensure development and a depth of knowledge and experience across the team.
Governance and Board Support (UK and international)
- Supporting a Board Committee: meetings, agendas and papers;
- Managing and advising the boards of trading subsidiaries and joint ventures;
- Inductions and training for statutory directors of subsidiaries and joint ventures;
- Advising on governance structures, processes and best practice, including compliance with the Governance Blueprint and other Group policies;
- Developing and advising on key governance policies, including the Group’s delegated authority and signing policies
- Monitoring developments in company law and governance; consulting cross-functionally and advising the business on the implications of changes and best practice; attending seminars and industry groups and responding to consultations.
Listed Company Obligations
- Supporting with the AGM;
- Drafting sections of the Annual Report;
- Preparing and releasing regulatory announcements;
- Maintaining sections of the website;
- Supporting with queries from the business regarding regulatory compliance and continuing obligations.
Subsidiary Compliance (UK and International)
- Managing and overseeing the statutory compliance of a portfolio of group entities in collaboration with cross-functional teams and external auditors;
- Supporting sourcing businesses with legal entity set up and ongoing compliance in multiple jurisdictions;
- Managing overseas companies and relationships with overseas service providers;
- Reviewing and developing statutory compliance processes and procedures to reflect best practice and improve efficiency.
Transactional and Project Support
- Providing company secretarial support on mergers and acquisitions, intra-group restructurings and liquidations.
- Includes drafting and reviewing relevant documentation, due diligence, facilitating approval processes and dealing with post completion matters;
- Managing inter-company dividend and intra-group funding processes, including equity injections;
- Supporting on company secretarial and company law aspects of reserve planning projects;
- Liaising with cross-functional teams including Tax, Treasury, Legal and Property external advisers;
- Providing information to internal and external stakeholders, including auditors and regulatory bodies and effectively managing queries.
- This role will have line management responsibility for an Assistant Company Secretary, setting and monitoring objectives and managing feedback, appraisal and development processes.
- In addition, there will be opportunities to coach and support other team members.
If you would like to apply or discuss this role further, please call me on 02075098421 or e- email@example.com