SENIOR COMPANY SECRETARY
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 22 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers) * ICSA qualified or graduate with business related or law degree. * Previous experience of working in a company secretarial function within financial services or a matrixed multinational organization. * Good knowledge of corporate law/corporate governance/applicable financial regulations Job Specific Competencies * Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate/engage with (and become a trusted adviser to) various stakeholders across the region. * Highly motivated self-starter with gravitas to maintain credibility with different stakeholders. * Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation. * Ability to display a culture of individual ownership of tasks with an individual sense of accountability in performing the role. * Ability to write concise and accurate minutes. * Well organised with good attention to detail. * Comfortable managing a busy workload. * Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and balance competing and conflicting priorities * Confident, assertive, collaborative and "can do" attitude * Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team. * Fully conversant with Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint, and other relevant technology packages (i.e. Board Vantage). * Previous experience of GEMS corporate database or other company secretarial package. * Proven experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information
Company Secretarial Work
- Managing and taking responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive company secretarial and governance service to UK legal entities, advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a wide range of company law, regulatory and governance issues.
- Ensuring that UK legal entities are compliant with applicable laws/regulations, including maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns.
- Maintaining statutory registers and ensuring their accuracy on a regular basis.
- Assisting in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation, such as powers of attorney and letters of representation.
- Maintaining group structure charts.
- Maintaining and updating bank mandates and authorised signatory lists as required.
- Collaborating with members of the Office of the Corporate Secretary to ensure that information is shared in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained at all times.
- Attending to ad hoc enquiries.
Supporting Boards & Committees
- Organising and being responsible for Board and Committee meetings, including preparing agendas, collating and circulating Board/Committee papers and preparing minutes for all Boards and Committee meetings as required.
- Assisting in initiatives around enhancing the quality of the Board/Committee materials and educating the producers of materials in how to write and deliver quality reports.
- Providing guidance, and being a strategic adviser, to the directors and management on the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant corporate governance requirements, and playing an active role in the meetings.
- Ensuring the appropriate adherence by the Board and its Committees to the Articles and relevant Terms of Reference.
- Establishing a good working relationship with any independent non-executive directors (“INEDs”) and providing them with the appropriate level of support and guidance.
- Providing company secretarial assistance in respect of corporate restructurings and M&A projects impacting our UK legal entities.
- Partnering with Regional Management on EMEA governance projects and helping to manage and implement key strategic decisions.
- Provides technical advice/guidance to less experienced members of the team.
If you would like to apply to the above role, please call me on 02075098421 or e- email@example.com