Salary £60,000 - £75,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 22 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
* ICSA or Legally Qualified * Conversant with requirements of CA2006, standard Articles of Association and wider governance codes of practice * Working knowledge and understanding of the real estate investment class * Ability to apply technical knowledge to practical situations * Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate issues and recommended actions concisely in written form for review/approval by senior management. * Ability to work on own initiative. * Methodical, accurate and proactive approach to work. * An analytical and detailed approach to problem solving. * Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. * Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office and GEMS database
To provide governance and management services to Real Estate Investment vehicles domiciled in the UK, Jersey and North America. Working closely with various functional areas to ensure governance agendas are set, tracked and met.
A key aspect of the role is managing client document execution process, document management function and managing a team of two administrators.
The role also has delegated authority from the corporate company secretary, to provide local company secretarial services for unregulated real estate subsidiaries, as and when required. The role works with with third party company secretaries to provide shadow company secretarial services, supporting in house directors of investment subsidiaries.
- Lead the document management function for the real estate business
- Maintain key documentation relating to delegated client signing authorities/sealing officers and act as a primary sealing officer executing transactional documents on a daily basis
- Facilitate and advise on legal document execution in the UK and offshore
- Liaise with client Boards (internal and external) via company secretarial functions to ensure that client powers of attorney are renewed annually and fit for purpose.
- Liaise with retained lawyers on powers of attorney, sealing and signing protocols for new and existing funds
- Initiate annual property deeds audits through retained Solicitors
- Establish and maintain timetable in conjunction with retained lawyers to ensure that significant litigation and non-procedural litigation reports are received each quarter.
- Draft quarterly Legal Risk Report to M&G Ltd with input from external lawyers, on behalf of Head of Legal
- Provide ad-hoc support and advice to Head of Legal on document execution
If you would like to apply for this role or discuss it further, please contact me on 02075098421 or e- firstname.lastname@example.org