ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY (BANKING)
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 22 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
* Qualified company secretary (ICSA) or legal qualification. * Experience of working in a company secretariat and supporting legal entities, boards and committees. * Relevant experience in advising senior management on all matters referred to above. * Practical experience working in private practice, or in-house, providing advice to senior stakeholders. * A good understanding of business law and finance. * Financial services experience is useful. * Experience creating and preparing legal documentation for the Board and shareholders. * Comprehensive minute taking.
- Acting as de facto company secretary for some of the legal entities.
- Responsible for UK branches governance and compliance.
- Legal entity compliance filings - Companies House, LEI.
- Business unit support for transactions and corporate matters (structured capital markets and pension companies).
- Corporate restructurings and liquidations.
- Board and committee support – drafting papers, attendance at meetings and taking minutes. Quality assurance for board./committee materials.
- Director governance – Assisting in setting standards and developing processes and procedures to manage directors (training, drafting guidelines, providing advice, guidance, on and off-boarding procedures, inductions).
- Monitoring developments in legal/regulatory requirements and providing guidance and advice.
- Drafting governance reference documents, guidelines, policies, board papers and minutes.
- Liaise as appropriate with other relevant functions and stakeholders including legal, compliance, finance, operations etc in both Paris and London.
- Ensuring good information flows within the board and its committees and between senior management and directors.
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the company in accordance with all rules, regulations and best practice,
- Advise on legal and governance implications of proposed policies, transactions other corporate matters.
- Assist in training other team members.
If you would like to discuss this role further and/or apply, please contact me on 02075098421 or e- email@example.com