Assistant Company Secretary (FTSE 100)
Salary £75,000 - £85,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 20 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Qualifications Qualified company secretary or lawyer with experience in a high quality, large and complex organisation. * Financial services experience is desirable, but not essential; however, candidates have to have worked in complex environments where the highest standards are required * Technical precision really matters; attention to detail is key and drafting must be to the highest technical standards * Relationship building is an essential part of the role; earning and maintaining the trust of a highly demanding stakeholder group and proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at a senior leadership level is essential * Working to tight deadlines and multiple demands in a challenging and changing environment, demonstrating clear personal accountability * Collaboration; working as part of a broader team to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach * Contributing towards a high performance culture with a values driven mentality * Strong communication skills will be vital
- Deliver on a varied portfolio of listed and non-listed work.
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of support for the Boards in their portfolio (including planning, scheduling, review of relevant materials submitted to the Board/Committees and all associated governance).
- Provide day to day support for non-executive Directors and various Committee advisors, including onboarding and training requirements.
- Exposure to non-executive Directors and regular interaction at the highest levels of management in the Group.
- Be a close liaison at a senior level with executives in Finance, Risk, Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance, Legal and Reward functions.
- Responsibility for record keeping and responding to legal, regulatory and other external information requests, second line reviews and internal audits.
- Act upon changes in legislation and regulation relevant to the responsibilities of the function.
- Support for planning, assurance, first line control and record keeping and contribute to strong corporate governance across the group globally.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the Group and a clear understanding of its culture, very good working relationship with the regional teams and senior management and must earn the trust, respect and co-operation of colleagues.
If you would like to apply for this position, please call me on 02075098421 or e- firstname.lastname@example.org