Assistant Company Secretary
Salary £211 - £239 per day
Location City of London
Consultant Andrew Coulter
Date posted 19 October 2016
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a multinational Asset Manager, based in the City of London. This opportunity is a 3 month Fixed Term Contract and would suit an experienced Assistant Company Secretary.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary within the Legal department of a multinational Asset Manager, for a three month contract role.
As Assistant Company Secretary, you will be part of a small company secretarial team sharing responsibility in ensuring that all UK companies and relevant committees comply with UK statutory/governance requirements. In addition you will be required to liaise with the company secretaries to the business outside of the UK. The Company Secretary will also play a key role in continuing to raise and develop the profile of the Office of the Corporate Secretary within the organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
Company Secretarial Compliance Work
- Managing and taking responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive company secretarial and governance service to a portfolio of clients and entities across the UK, advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a wide range of company law and governance issues
- Ensuring that all UK entities (including nominees companies) are compliant with applicable laws and remain in good standing at all times - including maintaining and updating the statutory records, taking ownership for ensuring the filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns
- Maintenance of statutory registers, e.g. register of directors, members etc.
- Assisting other members of the Office of the Corporate Secretary in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation, such as Powers of Attorney and Letters of Representation, originating from clients and their legal advisors
- Maintaining group structure charts
- Maintaining and updating bank mandates and authorised signatory lists as required
- Collaborating with members of the Office of the Corporate Secretary to ensure that information is shared in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained at all times.
- Attending to ad hoc enquires
Supporting Boards & Committees
- Organising and being responsible for Board and Committee meetings, including preparing agendas, collating and circulating Board/Committee papers and preparing minutes for all Boards and Committee meetings as required
- Partnering with regional Management on EMEA governance projects and helping to manage and implement key strategic decisions
- Providing company secretarial assistance in respect of corporate restructurings and M & A projects
- Providing guidance to Directors’ and management on the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant corporate governance matters
- Develop and maintain relationships with functional leads and shared services across EMEA, e.g. Compliance, Finance, Internal Audit and Risk
- Miscellaneous company secretarial tasks as required from time to time e.g. company formations, branch registrations, company changes of names
If you are an experienced Assistant Company Secretary looking for an interim role, please give me a call on 02075098169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.