Assistant Company Secretary
Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 23 September 2016
A permanent Senior Assistant Company Secretary role based in Hertfordshire working for a FTSE 100 company and to start ideally ASAP.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and form strong working relationships both internally and externally
- The qualifications required to succeed in the role include
- ICSA qualified (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of company law and governance requirements is essential
- Experience working in a large listed company environment and managing a large portfolio of companies is desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Corporate Secretariat team as a Senior Assistant Company Secretary reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary. This is a varied role, the focus of which is to promote good corporate governance practice within the business. You'll get the opportunity to get hands-on in the business and work with key stakeholders.
You'll get the opportunity to work with a variety of functions within the business including Legal, Finance and IR. This is in addition to the external auditors and lawyers.
You will be someone who is driven, professional and who wants to build on existing experiences to develop and grow.
Governance and Board support to UK and international -
- Give guidance on governance structures, processes and best practice
- Ensure the Corporate Governance Blueprint and other key Governance documents and processes are kept up to date
- Monitor Governance developments and prepare briefings for the PLC Board and subsidiary Boards
- Statutory compliance (UK and International) -
- Supporting sourcing businesses with legal entity set up and ongoing compliance.Transactional and project support - mergers and acquisitions, funding etc
- Intra-group restructures and liquidations
- Includes the drafting and reviewing relevant documentation, facilitating approval processes and dealing with post completion matters
- PLC listed company obligations
- Including the drafting of Governance sections of PLC annual report
If you are a passionate individual who is looking for career progression and an opportunity to work in a FTSE 100 secretariat please get in touch on 02075098421.