Consultant Tom Lucas
Date posted 20 September 2016
A permanent Company Secretary position based in London reporting to the Head of Risk and to help put the governance structures in for a potential IPO. To be successful in this London based role, you will be ICSA Qualified (preferably with a legal background), have a minimum 10 years Company Secretarial experience* with a UK Listed Company (preferably FTSE 100 but possibly FTSE 250) and knowledge and experience of market abuse rules.
It will also be important for you to have:
- Knowledge of Regulatory environment for US registrants would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of managing a share register
- An understanding of narrative reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- A diplomatic approach and confidence to support high-profile company staff and board members
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
Key Company Secretary responsibilities:
- Maintaining Statutory Books, including register of members and directors
- Assisting with maintaining of other relevant statutory records, lists and registers including conflicts and insiders
- Taking minutes at Board and Committee meetings
- Managing annual returns to Companies House (and possibly equivalent filing responsibilities in the US) and other relevant statutory/regulatory filings
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports
- Monitoring changes in the relevant legislative and regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Developing and overseeing systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements Including: Corporate Governance Code, UKLA listing rules, Disclosure and Transparency Rules (DTR) and Market Abuse Rules (MAR)
- Directors duties and transactions
- Take a role in Report and Account preparation and narrative reporting
This organisation is one of the the largest infrastructure companies in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
If you are a driven, ambitious and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Company Secretary role.
*This level of experience is intended as a guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role
Apply today or call me on 02075098421 to find more.