Assistant Company Secretary
Location North West London
Consultant Andrew Coulter
Date posted 13 September 2016
An opportunity has arisen to join a high profile, fast-paced and collegiate FTSE30 team on an interim basis. This important and varied role will involve a broad range general company secretarial duties with regular exposure to senior stakeholders in the business.
Based in North West London, as Assistant Company Secretary, you will have responsibility for a variety of matters across the areas below. Key responsibilities for the Assistant Company Secretary include:
- PLC and Governance assisting the Senior Assistant Company Secretaries in supporting the PLC Board and its Committees supporting with the management of the Group’s insider list and share dealing process
- Preparation and release of Stock Exchange announcements and uploads to the National Storage Mechanism
- Amending and advising PLC policies and procedures maintaining directors interests, conflicts and related parties registers advising on delegated authorities and signing authorities and maintaining Group Powers of Attorney Register
- Legal Statutory Compliance managing of a portfolio of UK and international companies
- Transactional and Project Support and also various ad hoc Shareholder Matters
As Assistant Company Secretary you will have attention to detail and the ability to work well as a team player will be key strengths. The role will encourage you to think outside the box and proactively offer both ideas and solutions to support the evolving needs of the team and the wider business. You will be able to work autonomously on tasks and manage your own workload to ensure that all relevant deadlines are met.
In addition, you must:
- Be a qualified chartered secretary (ICSA) with a good working knowledge of company law and governance requirements
- Experience working in a listed company environment is desirable, but not essential
- Have strong technical and analytical skills with ability to think broadly on a range of issues and apply sound judgement in problem solving
- Have good written and verbal communication skills with ability to deliver complex messages in a simple and creative way
- Be able to work cross-functionally Have strong project management, planning and organisational skills and able to work well under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Have strong PC skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Blueprint (or similar entity management system) Be able to adapt well to change in a fast-changing retail environment
The role calls for a confident and energetic self-starter with a good understanding of corporate governance and company law who is able to apply their knowledge competently.
If you feel that this rare opportunity is of interest, do please give me a call on 02075098169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org