Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-11 2020-01-10 legal London London GB GBP 70000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Opportunity for a commercial lawyer to join the growing team of a leading technology company. Based in central London.
We are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading and global technology company, to recruit their next In-House Legal Counsel. This is a newly created role in the legal team, based in the organisation's head offices in Central London. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Tech and FinTech and keen to move into a role offering variety, with great prospects to grow and develop within the organisation.
As Legal Counsel, you will work to support all business units with timely advice on Group legal issues, including all advisory and transactional work, ranging from contractual arrangements with clients, partners, subcontractors and consultants, tender submissions, various forms of guarantees, international supply chain procurement and enquiries from our overseas offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiation of a range of software-related agreements, mostly with other technology suppliers or service providers
- Proprietary software licences
- SAAS agreements
- PAAS agreements
- OEM and other distribution agreements
- Services and subcontractor contracts
- Data protection/GDPR compliance
- Open Source and Free Software strategy day to day management
- Procurement contracts for a variety of goods and services
- Corporate compliance- including:
- Sanctions and export control
- Anti-bribery, gifts and entertainment, whistleblowing, modern slavery
- Trademark Portfolio Management:
- Set and ensure compliance with Branding & Trademark Strategy
- Advise on new applications, oppositions, litigation and other matters
- 2-4PQE Solicitor, qualified in the UK or another commonwealth jurisdiction (although all candidates will be considered on merit);
- Experience working or advising in the software industry;
- Proactive and thrive on taking responsibility of a diverse range of matters;
- Excellent commercial and business awareness.
Please call 02075098736 or email Aleisha.email@example.com for more information.