Legal Counsel - Commercial & Construction
Salary £60,000 - £85,000 per annum
Location West EndCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 01 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-01 legal West End London GB GBP 60000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international energy venture backed by a multi-million pound organisation, requires the services of a Commercial Lawyer on the basis of a 12-month contract. The day-to-day remit will also include construction law matters. This role is based in Central London.
About the Role
- Working in a collegiate and close-knit legal team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in providing legal advice to a wide variety of business areas associated with the project
- Drafting & negotiating a broad spectrum of commercial agreements relating to service levels, supply, distribution, insurance, IT systems, energy trading, intellectual property and finance.
- Legal advice and support in relation to construction contracts, including notices and instructions, variations and changes, disputes and claims, delays, applications, IP rights, termination, financial reviews, insurance & liabilities, and health & safety matters.
- Assisting the other members of the legal team with general commercial and other ad-hoc legal matters
- Aside from the above, you will also be expected to provide advice in other areas, such as corporate, litigation and regulatory.
This position requires someone with at least 2 years’ PQE although applications from all levels will be considered on merit. Ideally you will have trained and qualified at a respected law firm, and then gone on to gain some in-house experience, preferably in the energy sector.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished commercial lawyer who has a proven track record of drafting and advising on complex agreements. Any construction law experience would be viewed as extremely advantageous.