Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 17 October 20192019-10-17 2019-12-16 legal Bristol Bristol GB GBP 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Opportunity for a Bristol-based construction lawyer to join a growing in-house team.
My client, a multinational construction services and technology company, is looking for a Senior Construction Counsel to join their team in Bristol. The role will involve providing non-contentious legal advice and risk management to the Group for the Western region, and will report directly into the Global Legal Director.
This company is in a high-growth phase, and has a dynamic, fast-paced and agile culture.
- Negotiating and drafting amendments to:
- Main, sub-contract and consultant terms
- Letters of intent
- Collateral agreements (warranties)
- Novation agreements
- Bonds and parent company guarantees
- Emphasis on building and maintaining relationships whilst protecting the company’s interests;
- Ensuring that legal risks are identified, understood and communicated to Business Units and project teams;
- Ensuring that unrealistic levels of risk are not accepted and that high risks are minimised;
- Providing high quality contractual support and advice to Business Units;
- Supporting Business Units and site teams in relation to contractual issues e.g. extension of time, loss and expense applications, notices of default/determination;
- Management/administration of disputes with clients, sub-contractors and consultants, including; negotiations, adjudications, administrations, liquidations, aged debt recovery;
- Claims administration
- Solicitor with 5+ years post qualification experience (all candidates will be assessed on merit);
- Non-contentious construction knowledge and experience is essential;
- Good communication, organisational, time management and workload management skills;
- Desire to help the business achieve implement its strategy and achieve its objectives;
- Self-confident and professional;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who can be an approachable point of contact for all commercial employees;
Please reach out to Aleisha.firstname.lastname@example.org | 02075098736 for more information, or to apply.