Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 17 October 20192019-10-17 2019-12-16 legal Glasgow or Edinburgh GB GBP 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Great opportunity for a qualified, non-contentious construction lawyer to join the in-house team of a multinational construction services company.
My client, a multinational construction services and technology company, is looking for a Senior Construction Counsel to join their team in Scotland. This client has offices in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and can cater to candidates working in either. The role will involve providing legal advice and risk management to the Group for the Northern region and will have two (2) direct junior reports.
This company is in a high-growth phase, and has a dynamic, fast-paced and agile culture.
- Negotiating and drafting amendments to:
- Main, sub-contract and consultant terms
- Letters of intent
- Collateral agreements (warranties)
- Novation agreements
- Bonds and parent company guarantees
- Emphasis on building and maintaining relationships whilst protecting the company’s interests;
- Ensuring that legal risks are identified, understood and communicated to Business Units and project teams;
- Ensuring that unrealistic levels of risk are not accepted and that high risks are minimised;
- Providing high quality contractual support and advice to Business Units;
- Supporting Business Units and site teams in relation to contractual issues e.g. extension of time, loss and expense applications, notices of default/determination;
- Management/administration of disputes with clients, sub-contractors and consultants, including; negotiations, adjudications, administrations, liquidations, aged debt recovery;
- Claims administration
- Solicitor with 5+ years post qualification experience (all candidates will be assessed on merit);
- Non-contentious construction knowledge and experience is essential;
- Good communication, organisational, time management and workload management skills;
- Desire to help the business achieve implement its strategy and achieve its objectives;
- Self-confident and professional;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who can be an approachable point of contact for all commercial employees;
- Management experience is desired, but not mandatory.
Please reach out to Aleisha.email@example.com | 02075098736 for more information, or to apply.