Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 13 September 20192019-09-13 2019-11-12 not-for-profit-and-charities London GB GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Great opportunity for a junior lawyer to join a growing not-for-profit organisation, in a broad and general commercial role.
We are delighted to be supporting our client, a global, international development not-for-profit, to recruit for In-House Legal Counsel. This is a newly created role in the legal team, based in the organisation's head offices in Central London.
As Legal Counsel, you will work to support all business units with timely advice on Group legal issues, including all advisory and transactional work, ranging from contractual arrangements with clients, partners, subcontractors and consultants, tender submissions, various forms of guarantees, international supply chain procurement and enquiries from our overseas offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely and accurate legal advice and practical solutions to all Group businesses both locally and internationally;
- Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues at Head Office, other local offices and in international operations on contractual and other legal matters relating to the day-to-day operation of the business;
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide legal advice to internal business clients on a wide range of contractual documents including teaming and consortium agreements, joint venture agreements, subcontracts, confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, services agreements, framework agreements, licensing agreements, guarantees, international supply chain arrangements, tender documents and all forms of procurement;
- Ensure that contracts and other legal documents are effectively and properly drafted, and reviewed and interpreted in order to identify legal risks and minimise such risks and liabilities for the business;
- Liaise with Group Compliance on legal matters arising from existing and proposed contracts;
- Assist with the development and review of template legal agreements;
- Liaise with and manage external counsel when required;
Further responsibilities will include:
- Group’s existing and future intellectual property rights portfolio
- GDPR and data protection related matters
- managing minor disputes and litigation
- Group’s office leases
- Convey legal advice in a manner understandable to non-lawyers
- Assist with the delivery of legal training
- Remain abreast of legal developments in the key jurisdictions
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with our client’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Degree in Law, or recognised conversion course for non-legal graduates such as the Legal Practice Course or Graduate Diploma in Law qualification;
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales, or other commonwealth jurisdiction;
- Experience in commercial/international procurement and consultancy/corporate law practice /in-house practice;
- Knowledge of the international donor and aid sector an advantage.
Please call 02075098736 or email Aleisha.email@example.com for more information.