Sole Counsel / Head of Legal
Salary £90,000 - £95,000 per annum
Location West EndCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 23 August 20192019-08-27 2019-09-22 it West End London GB GBP 90000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity for a technology lawyer to join an international software company as their Sole Counsel. This hire needs requires somebody who can start at short notice – the plan is for it to run on an interim basis for a few months before going permanent when both sides are happy for it to do so. The offices are in Central London.
About the Role
Heading up a small legal function, the Sole Counsel will enjoy a broad remit of day-to-day work including:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on technology, software and sales agreements with a range of blue-chip clients
- Overseeing the work of two junior members of staff including a Contracts manager and a Paralegal
- Responsibility for the company’s GDPR programme
- Liaising with the board on key strategic issues
- Working on NDAs, partnership & referral contracts, reseller agreements, and MSAs
- Providing training across the organisation on relevant legislation developments
This role would present a great opportunity for a technology lawyer with at least 5 years’ PQE to enjoy the challenge of heading up a legal function (applications from all levels will be considered on merit). It is essential that you have extensive prior experience of negotiating complex and high-value technology agreements such as SaaS, cloud, EULA, click-wrap etc.