Legal Counsel (with flexible working)
Salary £70,000 - £75,000 per annum
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 20 June 20192019-06-20 2019-07-20 leisure-and-sport City of London London GB GBP 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Global player in the leisure sector are looking to welcome an additional Legal Counsel to their team for a period of 12 months, to cover maternity leave. This role is based in Central London but allows for 3 days per week flexible working from home.
About The Role
Working as part of a collegiate and dedicated team, you will have the chance to get involved in a broad spectrum of working to support the business, including:
- Drafting & negotiating contracts for tenders and new client bids
- Renegotiation of terms and conditions with existing clients
- Assisting on a wide variety of legal matters relating to IT, market/advertising and GDPR
- Providing support to the integration process following the recent acquisition of a competitor
- Managing relationships with external counsel and providing internal legal training
This remit requires a qualified solicitor with at least 4 years’ PQE (although applications at all levels will be considered on merit). You must have previously worked in-house, and possess extensive experience on negotiating complex commercial agreements. This role also requires a commercially-oriented approach from someone who is comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels of a business.
This position requires a quick turnaround, so candidates on more than 2 weeks’ notice in their current role cannot be considered. Ideally you will be immediately available.