Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 19 June 20192019-06-19 2019-08-18 telecommunications London London GB GBP 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Fantastic opportunity for a mid-level commercial contracts lawyer to join an ever-growing company.
Our client, a multinational infrastructure company, is looking for a dynamic and pro-active mid-level lawyer to join their fast-growing team.
Fully integrated to the Group Legal function, the successful candidate will primarily assist both the Group and local legal teams with the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts with operators and suppliers and advise stakeholders on various legal commercial matters.
- Assist legal team and other stakeholders with queries relating to commercial contracts;
- Assist in the negotiation, review and drafting of various contractual documents with customers and/or vendors;
- Create and maintain databases of commercial contracts precedents and monitoring best practices in the sector;
- Monitor compliance of commercial contracts;
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented commercial legal advice;
- Ensure that all contractual documents of the Company are in compliance with applicable laws, guideline, regulations and best practice;
- Help developing and maintaining contract management system, framework contract templates, structures, policies, processes and templates;
- Collaborate and facilitate cross functional team support;
- Manage assigned projects/transactions to completion under applicable supervision;
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience in commercial and general contracting law, with excellent legal drafting and negotiation skills;
- Experience in telecommunications and/or procurement/supply chain related contracts will be an additional asset;
- Ability to work in multicultural and fast-paced corporate environment;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Flexible and creative, with a proactive "can do" attitude;
- Comfortable working autonomously and taking the initiative when needed;
- Willingness and enthusiasm to cover a breadth of legal issues and to develop new technical areas of law;
- Attention to detail with the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner at all levels within the multicultural teams across all operations;
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- UK, EU qualified solicitor (or equivalent common-law qualification)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in law firm and/as in-house counsel in a company;
- French or Arabic language would be a plus.