Salary £55,000 - £62,000 per annum
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-07-14 leisure-and-sport Suffolk Suffolk GB GBP 55000 62000 62000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
FTSE-listed company operating in the leisure sector are looking to hire a Legal Counsel for a 10 month maternity cover contract. This role is based in East Anglia, and is not feasibly commutable from London on a daily basis but would suit those based in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex.
About the Role
Working alongside the General Counsel, you will enjoy a broad and fast-moving daily remit including:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements covering a wide range of areas such as distribution, supply, sales, franchising, technology and logistics.
- Providing legal advice on a variety of matters relating to employment, property, privacy and handling small scale litigation matters
- Managing relationships with external counsel
- Assisting with the provision of training throughout the organisation on relevant legislative developments
- Dealing with stakeholders at all levels and in all departments across the business
The Legal Counsel role requires a qualified lawyer with at least 2 years PQE although applications from all levels will be considered on merit. You must possess experience of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, and purely corporate lawyers will also be considered.
You must be somebody who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is constantly looking to develop new skills.
This position is for an October start so even candidates on a notice period of 3 months can be considered.