Sole Counsel (3 days/week)
Salary £83,000 - £85,000 per annum
Location West EndCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 03 May 20192019-05-03 2019-06-02 legal West End London GB GBP 83000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A fantastic opportunity to undertake a Sole Counsel role with a technology company based in Central London. This position is on a part-time basis (3 days per week) and is a 12 month maternity cover contract.
About the Role
Reporting directly into the board, you will be the sole point of contact for all legal queries across the organisation. The day-to-day remit will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements on both the customer and supplier side relating to IT, procurement, tenders, distribution, services, sales and marketing.
- Providing ad-hoc legal advice across the business on a range of areas including corporate, property, employment, small scale litigation and GDPR
- Assisting the business on navigating often complex commercial scenarios, whilst aiming to minimise legal risk
- Overseeing the organisation’s company secretarial matters
- Managing relationships with external counsel
- Undertaking internal training on relevant changes in legislation
This position requires a commercial lawyer with at least 6 years PQE (although applications from all levels will be considered on merit) and you must have worked in-house previously, although not necessarily in the technology sector.
The ability to draft & negotiate complex commercial agreements is essential and you must be used to dealing with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation. Any company secretarial experience would be advantageous but not mandatory.
You must possess the confidence to work as the only lawyer in an organisation, having strength in your convictions and being able to make assertive judgement calls when required.
This position is set for a July start so please only apply if you can fit in with that availability.