Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Max Holder
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-17 2019-06-15 legal London London GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This role is for a lawyer who will offer support the business unit in all matters arising, including all aspects of contract drafting, negotiating and maintenance with suppliers and internal customer entities, supporting the business development team in all aspects of its expansion including its newly created global clinical trials sourcing business.
- Commercial contract negotiation and drafting;
- Act as business partner and provide guidance on legal risks to the businesses procurement and sourcing entities based in London and observe legal trends and brief the business functions on changes of law;
- Identifying, analysing, researching, and resolving legal and business process issues and making appropriate recommendations to business and supervising attorney;
- Preparing legal presentations and presenting to senior business unit leaders, as applicable;
- Coordinating with colleagues to identify regulatory issues, assess business impact risk and communicate same to business partners;
- Exercising independent judgment in escalating issues within broadly defined practices and policies;
- Coordinate with law firms.
To be successful you will have:
- A solicitor or barrister with a law degree and at least 8 years post qualification work experience ideally within the pharmaceutical, medical devices or broader healthcare industry with exposure to senior management. However, all candidates will be considered on merit;
- Experience and expertise in drafting a wide range of commercial contracts (in particular supply and procurement agreements);
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; experience of working in teams and demonstrating strong teamwork. Proven ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively.
Please click on the link below to apply.