Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Max Holder
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-17 2019-06-15 legal Hatfield Hertfordshire GB GBP 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A large retail company are looking for a lawyer to be a key member of their commercial legal team. The successful candidate will report to and support the Deputy General Counsel in all commercial matters.
- Strong experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts particularly in the areas of: engineering and IT procurement, licensing, master service agreements, IP collaboration agreements, general terms and conditions, SaaS subscription agreements, logistics & distribution and e-commerce agreements;
- Review, manage and resolve legal issues that arise under commercial agreements;
- Provide day-to-day legal and business affairs advice and guidance to the business divisions;
- Advise on ad hoc legal queries as they arise;
To be successful you will have:
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister with approximately 10 years post qualification experience as a general commercial lawyer (but this does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE);
- Ideally will have trained with a leading law firm or well-respected in-house team with a particular focus on procurement, intellectual property and technology;
- Ability to identify risk with sound commercial awareness and good communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Ability to work to deadlines and to manage competing demands from various stakeholders.