Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 13 February 2019 2019-02-132019-04-14 hospitality-and-catering Feltham Middlesex GB GBP 100000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Newly created General Counsel role, based in Hounslow. This role is to assist with the client's growth ambitions, and will report directly to Senior Management.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Legal/ General Counsel to join a global hospitality brand, based in Hounslow. The successful candidate will be an experienced in-house lawyer, with a foundation in general commercial contracts and experience in wide variety of commercial matters.
This is a newly created role for continued growth and progression (and to support the client’s future ambitions). Reporting to Senior Management, the successful candidate will have ultimate oversight of legal matters and be heavily involved in the growth plans of the business and in the strategic development of the business into new areas.
- Assist in negotiating, drafting and advising on multi-jurisdictional commercial contracts and all commercial matters;
- Advise and liaise directly with Senior Management and marshal external counsel;
- Lead on the group IP portfolio, including developing and reviewing licensing agreements (software licenses, purchased software from vendors) and preparing IP registration applications (trademarks, patents, copyrights etc.);
- Support business development opportunities, such as vender agreements, new product development and legal due diligence, contract drafting and negotiating.
To be successful in the role you will:
- An experienced UK qualified lawyer with at least 5 years’ experience (although all applicant’s will be considered on merit);
- Have experienced gained in private practice and/ or in-house;
- Have an ability to provide pragmatic and business-oriented advice to stakeholders at all levels across the organisation;
- Excellent communication skills and a dynamic approach to work;
- Experience within food, hospitality, retail, leisure or FMCG is preferred.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.