Salary £75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 02 January 2019 2019-01-022019-02-01 legal City of London London GB GBP 75000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
FTSE-listed company based in Central London are looking for a Legal Counsel to join their team on a 12-month contract, to cover maternity leave. This role is set to start in late-January, and provides an excellent work/life balance.
About the Role
The Legal Counsel will be working alongside five lawyers in a collegiate team, and will be afforded a broad variety of work including:
- Supporting a wide spectrum of business units, including operations, procurement, R&D, technology, sales, logistics, and marketing
- Drafting and negotiating a range of both standard and bespoke contracts including sale/purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, consultancy contracts and NDAs.
- Legal advice on IP and competition matters
- Managing external counsel
- Occasional input on M&A matters
The Legal Counsel role requires a solicitor qualified in the UK, or another Commonwealth jurisdiction. The client believes that someone with at least five years PQE is required, but all applications will be considered on merit. You must have extensive experience of drafting & negotiation commercial contracts, and any previous jobs working in-house would be viewed as advantageous.
This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with the chance to develop their skills within an exciting company, working alongside nice people, so please send us your CV today.