In-house commercial Solicitor / Legal Counsel
Consultant Alex Brennan
Date posted 24 December 2018 2018-12-242019-02-22 legal Leeds West Yorkshire GB ls15aa GBP 30000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Great opportunity for a commercial solicitor to join the in-house legal team of an international business with a strong presence in Leeds
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a commercial solicitor to join the in-house legal team of an international business with a strong presence in Leeds.
This company is one of the leading business the real estate sector providing a diverse range of facilities, occupier, investment and advisory services.
Following the strategic decision to grow the in-house legal team in Leeds, an opportunity has opened up for talented commercial lawyer with cNQ-3 years PQE to join the business. Working closely with an experienced commercial lawyer in Leeds, and part of the larger international legal team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the firm’s business, its people, markets, facilities, customers and competitors, and use this knowledge in providing guidance and counsel to the firm.
- Providing practical, timely and effective legal support, while minimising potential legal risks.
- Preparation, drafting and negotiation of major commercial contracts and agreements within various skill lines.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts with reference to the firm’s internal risk and compliance requirements.
- Review and assist with responses to tenders and RFPs.
- Negotiate, draft and finalise commercial client contracts for a range of services, including but not limited to asset services, agency, valuations, facilities management, project management, ratings and consultancy.
- Negotiate MSAs and framework agreements where services are to be provided globally, liaising with Counsel and Commercial business partners from other jurisdictions as appropriate.
- Implement, maintain and manage internal controls, governance and processes relating to approval and signing of contracts.
- Development of precedent database.
Based in Leeds, this in-house commercial role is for a qualified solicitor with between 0-3 years’ PQE. You’ll need experience of drafting contracts, attending meetings and negotiating terms, and the successful candidate will have a good knowledge of Services and Supply Contracts, IT contracts and Procurement Contracts.
The head of Legal is keen to talk with commercial lawyers that have outstanding technical ability, strong organisational skills, take a pro-active approach and enjoy working with a diverse range of people.
For further information on in-house legal role in Leeds, please contact Alex Brennan at Robert Walters (Leeds Office) on 07825 202 230 or email@example.com.
*Please note that PQE levels are only mentioned as a guide and do not preclude applications from commercial lawyers that have more or less experience and feel that they meet the above criteria.
We will aim to respond to your enquiry as soon as possible however Robert Walters receive a high number of applications; if we have not contacted you within 5 days, your application has not met the requirements of our client.