Commercial Legal Counsel
Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 20 November 2018 2018-11-202019-01-19 fmcg UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This role offers exceptional progression and agile working.
Our client, a leading FMCG company, is seeking a Legal Counsel to join their legal team. The successful candidate will be a UK qualified lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts. Candidates with consumer-facing commercial contracts experience will be at an advantage.
Our client has advised that there is exceptional progression on offer in this role, and they are looking to promote the successful candidate to Senior Legal Counsel within 2 years. This candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, given the need to liaise with all business units, including senior stakeholders. We also note that this client champions agile working, and days will be afforded to work remotely, where required.
- Drafting and negotiating material commercial contracts (including sale, purchase, agency, and distribution agreements);
- Advising the business on competition law principles;
- Supporting the business with M&A activities in the UK&I region, as well as assisting with the overseeing of Corporate housekeeping services and general Secretariat duties for the Group’s UK legal entities (including statutory formalities and governance); and
- Providing ad hoc advise and assistance regarding product safety, marketing and advertising, logistics, construction, and dispute resolution.
- A UK qualified lawyer 3+ PQE, background in commercial law, ideally both from a law firm as well as in-house (although all candidates will be assessed on merit);
- Experience working within consumer-facing industries or manufacturing is preferred;
- Excellent technical drafting skills with the ability to adapt to new commercial business models;
- Good understanding of competition law is preferred;
- Ability to provide timely, practical and commercially focused advice
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the business.
- Fluent English - written and oral
For more information regarding this role, please call 02075098736 or email Aleisha.email@example.com