Privacy Counsel - EMEA
Salary £500 - £600 per dayCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 30 October 2018 2018-10-302018-11-29 media UK
Global name in the media industry are looking for a GDPR subject-matter expert to take on the role of EMEA Privacy Counsel. This is a six month contract, to cover whilst a permanent appointment is made.
About the Role
With a remit to lead all privacy law matters for the company’s EMEA operations, your day-to-day workload will encompass the following:
- Responding to data protection queries and issues across the organisation, enjoying close contact with both the legal and compliance teams
- Re-drafting & negotiating existing commercial contracts, data transfers and customer terms, to comply with GDPR regulations
- Liaising with stakeholders in a range of departments to provide pragmatic and commercially-focused GDPR advice
- Designing the global privacy programme
- Advising on matters relating to the international transfer of personal data
This Privacy Counsel role requires an individual who is a genuine GDPR subject-matter expert. As well as having dealt with the GDPR regulations since their inception in 2016, you will also have experience of data protection matters prior to that. This role will have relatively little support so you must possess the confidence to provide clear and concise GDPR advice, to senior and often demanding stakeholders.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, as well as dealing with matters across multiple territories
This role requires an extremely fast turnaround so individuals on more than two weeks’ notice in their current role cannot be considered. Ideally you will be immediately available.