Interim Senior Legal Counsel
Salary £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Emma Lester
Date posted 12 October 2018 2018-10-122018-12-11 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are seeking an interim legal counsel for our inhouse banking client. This will be to join the office in Birmingham city centre. This legal counsel will be providing advice on all commercial and data protection issues arising from accounts, savings and FX businesses.
- Providing legal support on complex legal issues that have material impact.
- Being a trusted adviser to the business by making sure that you are delivering pragmatic and commercially sensitive legal support in a cost – effective manner.
- Reviewing and contributing to the ongoing revision of terms of business, corporate policies and processes.
- Be involved in key governance committees as requires, for example, Product Development Forums, FCC/Global Standard Steering Committees/ CSEM CSC Decision Committees.
- Stand in for the Head of Banking Legal when required.
- Make sure that the team are up to date on legislative changes.
- Ideally, 6-10 PQE, however, if you have more, please still apply.
- This legal counsel should have an excellent understanding of commercial law, data privacy, privacy concepts and regulation.
- Demonstrable experience of advising on retail banking, payments, current accounts, savings and/or FX products either in private practice or in house.
- Experience of consumer, product launches and regulatory projects.
This interim legal counsel will be joining on an initial 12 month contract to cover maternity and will receive a competitive remuneration package.
For more details on this opportunity, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Emma Lester on 0121 260 email@example.com