Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Katie Plant
Date posted 08 October 2018 2018-10-082018-12-07 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Counsel to join a global business in the North West with offices in Salford Quays. The role offers an attractive salary with full benefits.
A world leader in Quality of Life Services, has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an experienced and motivated Legal Counsel for their Sport & Leisure Division. The business enjoys an unrivalled reputation for building enduring partnerships across the world with its diverse range of clients, through relationships based on trust and exceptional performance.
Join the Team
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an excellent commercial solicitor to join the in-house legal team to provide high quality commercial and strategic legal support to the Sport & Leisure segment.
The role will be based in Salford Quays, but there is the opportunity to work flexibly from home, subject to department policy.
We envisage that candidates with around 3 years PQE contract and commercial law experience will have the relevant skills/knowledge for this position. However, this is an approximate guide for applicants and all candidates with relevant skills and experience will be considered.
You must have excellent academics and ideally have trained in a leading City or regional law firm. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate a strong track record in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and in-house experience would be advantageous.
You should be an able, outgoing and solutions-oriented lawyer with business acumen, who is comfortable working within an entrepreneurial, fast pace and driven environment. You will work closely with directors and managers in the business and so you must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships and credibility at all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercial solicitor to join a company which values its employees and offers a collegiate and friendly working environment.
Legal Counsel – Commercial (Sport & Leisure) key role responsibilities:
- Providing effective legal and commercial advice and assistance as required by the Segments/Functions supported
- Draft and negotiate contracts
- Assist the Segments/Functions supported regarding the assessment and management of legal and commercial risk
- Train the Segments/Functions supported on legal, commercial and regulatory issues
- Help to ensure that business is conducted in accordance with relevant law and the company's internal governance processes
- Instruct external lawyers and manage external legal fees under appropriate supervision
- Work collaboratively with all members of the UK&I Legal Department
- Provide preliminary advice on disputes and litigation
- Advise on regulatory compliance
- Comply with company policies and Legal Department processes
Legal Counsel – Commercial (Sport & Leisure) key requirements:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in the UK or equivalent jurisdiction
- Good technical knowledge and experience of the law (including contract/commercial law), contracts and practice relevant to the Segments/Functions supported
- Good technical contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Problem solving - ability to identify and analyse key information to make balanced and appropriate decisions
- Ability to advise on legal and commercial options and challenge others where necessary
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage relationships successfully with business representatives
- Driving licence and the ability to travel when needed
- Previous in-house legal experience in relevant industry
All direct and third-party applications will be sent to Katie Plant at Robert Walters and please note that PQE levels are only mentioned as a guide and do not preclude applications from qualified commercial solicitors with more or less experience.