Location Hammersmith and FulhamFULL_TIME
Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 03 October 2018 2018-10-032018-12-02 media UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Global entertainment media company with innovative and creative culture is seeking a junior commercial lawyer to join their London in-house team.
Are you a newly qualified solicitor who works in, or would like to work in, television? Would you like to practice in a company that has been recently voted the best place to work? If so, then this role could be for you.
Our client, a global broadcasting company, is looking for a commercially-minded and ambitious Legal Counsel to join their London office. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in basic contract negotiations, drafting and reviewing contracts across all departments, as well as provide general legal advice and support to the business, and New York Head Office.
This work environment will appeal to creative and flexible thinkers, who are great collaborators and always strive to discover what is next creatively. The client fosters an open and creative approach, and employs energetic, innovative individuals who are passionate about the industry.
- Drafting, negotiating and concluding commercial carriage agency and distribution agreements for the distribution of our channels in our UK and international territories;
- Drafting, negotiating and concluding programme licence, co-production, commission contracts, talent agreements and any other legal documentation required for third party programme purchases and commissions;
- Advising the company on general commercial, and/or legal matters relating to the company’s many areas of business including Marketing, Ad Sales, Operations and IT/Technology;
- Assisting with editorial and compliance issues including OFCOM matters and programme and regulatory matters;
- Undertaking legal research, drafting general commercial agreements (eg NDAs) and creating reports to disseminate to key stakeholders of the company, of any regulatory changes to our business practices;
- Providing assistance on corporate matters when and if required;
- Efficiently manage our legal workflow with the programming and commercial departments to ensure deadlines and expectations are met;
- Keeping the business aware of the most up to date commercial and legal matters that may affect the company and its business practices.
- NQ-1PQE (candidates of all experience levels will be considered on merit);
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to undertake public speaking with skill and confidence;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Consistently achieves project goals.
To register your interest in this position, please click apply, or contact Robert Walters on 02075098736.