Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 30 August 2018 2018-08-302018-10-29 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our client, a leading, multinational asset manager, is seeking a permanent Legal Counsel with experience advising on general commercial matters, including outsourcing and supplier arrangements, and IP/ branding.
Our client, a leading, multinational asset manager, is seeking a permanent Legal Counsel with experience advising on general commercial matters, including outsourcing and supplier arrangements, and IP/ branding. This role sits within the firm's wider legal function, based in London.
The key areas of coverage for the role will include the following:
- Leading on the negotiation of outsourcing, supplier and other commercial contracts with third parties in conjunction with relevant business teams, both in London and overseas.
- Supervising and co-ordinating the firm's framework for review and negotiation of commercial contracts in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for legal support on the protection of intellectual property assets globally, whether registered or unregistered, including patents, trade marks, copyrights and design rights.
- Developing, maintaining and implementing the firm's IP strategy, practices and policies globally, including the use of trademark agents and local attorneys for IP matters; being the principal contact person for trademark agents and other third party suppliers of IP services as well as the firm's business development, marketing and branding teams.
- Co-ordinating responses to actual or threatened breaches of confidentiality or IP obligations owed to or by the company.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for legal support for data privacy issues globally, including advising in relation to data breaches, data subject access requests and handling interactions and correspondence with the firm’s data regulators such as the UK's ICO.
- Monitoring the firm's ongoing compliance with GDPR and other data privacy legislation and best practice; assisting with maintaining an inventory of evidence of compliance with applicable data privacy rules; assisting with the delivery of training for staff.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong academic qualifications;
- 3-6 PQE, although applications from all levels will be considered on merit;
- Strong private practice background;
- Experience gained in-house in the financial services sector, including experience gained on secondment;
- Background in general corporate/commercial law and experience in negotiating outsourcing and supplier arrangements;
- Thorough understanding of UK intellectual property (IP) law; and
- Knowledge of the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For further information on this role, please contact Aleisha Murray at Robert Walters on 02075098736.