Senior Legal Counsel
Salary £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Katie Plant
Date posted 23 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a market leading technology business in the North West. This role will be based in Lancashire and offers an attractive salary with additional benefits.
A highly regarded and expanding Technology business with offices in the North West is currently looking to recruit into their well established legal team who are highly regarded in the market place. The successful Senior Legal Counsel will be an experienced Commercial Solicitor with an interest or background in technology.
The successful candidate will be drafting, negotiating and advising in the following areas:
-Tech IP protection and commercialisation
-IT agreements (software licences, managed services, support and maintenance, escrow, SaaS/PaaS/laaS, hosting agreements etc)
-Data Protection (including preparation for GDPR)
-Outsourcing agreements including business change/transformation, IT, telecoms, business process and business re-engineering
-Distribution, agency and franchise agreements
- Ideally 5+ years PQE working in a city centre heavyweight law firm, although candidates with equivalent experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with general commercial matters dealing with a diverse caseload in the technology space
- Experience of working in the technology industry is paramount to be successful in this role.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills in order to build and maintain internal stakeholder relationships.
- A team player with strong technical ability, as well as commercial awareness.
Please forward me your CV today for immediate consideration or contact me for a confidential discussion to obtain further details.